Join Rick as he wanders around the 20th Annual Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison, Wisconsin. This is an annual charitable event held by the Madison Homebrewers and Tasters Guild on the 2nd Saturday of August. The event features over 100 breweries and over 450 different beers. So many beers, so little time.
No intros, exits or fluff. This is fairly raw audio although I tried to keep the levels fairly consistent. Some of the people are experts, for example the main brewer from Schlafly - Stephen Hale, to your generic uninformed public who's contribution to the podcast was «Woo Hoo!» I also found some of the organizers to get their thoughts on the event. Warning: this show contains some made up facts!
Beers sampled during this excursion...
- New Albanian Cone Smoker
- New Albanian Hop Times
- New Albanian Thunderfoot - Dark Cherry Oak Stout
- Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- Founders Old Curmudgeon
- Honorable Mention (not sampled): Founders Devil Dancer
- Tyranena Bourbon Barrel Aged 2004 Peated Wee Heavy (Scotch Ale)
- Tyranena Bitter Woman IPA
- Tyranena Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Aged Brown Ale
- Grumpy Troll Brew Pub Pillaging Troll Porter
- Flatlanders Harvest Amber Ale
- Milwaukee Ale House Pull Chain Pail Ale
- New Glarus Brewing Co. Road Slush Oatmeal Stout
- New Holland Dragons Milk Barrel Aged Strong Ale
- New Holland Blue Goat Dopplebock
- O'Fallon Brewery Smoked Porter
- Goose Island Matilda Reserve
- St Louis Brewery, Inc. Schlafly Belgian Tripel
- Kuhnhenn Brewing Company Raspberry Eisbock
- Kuhnhenn Brewing Company Fourth Dementia Olde Ale
- Honorable Mention (not sampled): Kuhnhenn Creme Brulee Java Stout
- Capital Brewery Oktoberfest
- Three Floyds Dark Lord
- Three Floyds Alpha Kahn
- South Shore Brewery Bourbon Barrel Coffee Mint Irish Stout
Download this whirlwind tour of the midwest here.